Looking for the perfect afternoon snack that your kids will love? These homemade granola bars have zero High-Fructose Corn Syrup or Processed & Artificial Sweeteners compared to an average granola bar that may contain up to 20 grams of sugar! AND they are made without any of the Harmful 7, but rather all natural, whole food ingredients that provide all of the flavor, and deliciousness that your kids find in prepackaged granola bars.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 1/2 cup pitted cherries
2 cup rolled oats
1 cup natural nut butter (check the ingredient label and look out for hydrogenated oils and added sugars!)
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
12 pitted dates (double check that these dates don’t have added sugar in the ingredient label!)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend together dates and peanut butter until an even paste forms.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the mix-ins are evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and press the bars into about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into them and enjoying (We know, it’s tempting not to eat them right away, but try to resist!)