Transport yourself to a winter wonderland with this Holidrizzled Popcorn. Popcorn is a great snack, and this recipe is a great alternative to high-sugar kettle corn or sugar cookies that always seem to be floating around this time of year.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup popcorn kernels
2 Tbs coconut oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the pot
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1. Coat a large pot with a tight fitting lid with coconut oil over medium high heat
2. Add popcorn kernels and cover
3. Allow popcorn to pop, shaking the pot occasionally until there are a couple of seconds between the pops
4. Remove from heat and add salt
5. Melt dark chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until it reaches a drizzle consistency
6. Stir in peppermint extract
7. Drizzle the chocolate over your popcorn, and enjoy!