These Rainbow Kabobs showcase fresh, seasonal veggies, and this recipe doubles as a fun activity to do with your kids! Bring them to the grocery store and ask them to help you find a veggie from each color of the rainbow to assemble a customized version. Here’s an example.
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
4 small purple potatoes
1 small zucchini
1 red onion
2 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- If using wooden skewers, soak overnight to prevent burning
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Roughly chop veggies into bite-sized chunks
- Toss vegetables in olive oil, salt and pepper
- Assemble kabobs in rainbow order by puncturing vegetables through the skin
- Place on baking sheet in oven for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender
If you have access to a grill, these skewers are also great for a healthy summer barbecue!